The use of the Website entails various types of personal data being provided for various purposes. Under the Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (the PDPA), “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. The PDPA governs and protects the collection, use, disclose and care of personal data. Organisations will have to comply with the PDPA as well as the common law and other relevant laws that are applied in the specific industry that they belong to, when handling personal data in their possession.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- 1.1 Users may browse the Website anonymously. However, Users will have to create a user account in order to list a Project, receive more information regarding a Project listed on the Website or to invest in a Project.
- 1.2 When creating a user account with CoAssets, Users consent to provide their personal data, including but not limited to:
- 1.2.1 name;
- 1.2.2 email address;
- 1.2.3 mailing address; and
- 1.2.4 phone number.
- 1.3 Users may create a user account using social media credentials as provided for on the Website from time to time. In doing so, Users consent to CoAssets collecting personal data that may be available through such social media networks, including but not limited to Facebook.
- 1.4 CoAssets may store such personal data for the purposes provided for in paragraph 2 and if applicable, verify such credentials with the relevant social media network.
- 1.5 If Users provide CoAssets with any personal data relating to a third party, by submitting such information to CoAssets, Users represent to CoAssets that they have obtained the consent of the third party to provide CoAssets with such personal data for the purposes stated in paragraph 2.1.
- 1.6 Users shall ensure that all personal data submitted to CoAssets is complete and accurate. Any omission or failure to do so may prevent CoAssets from fulfilling the purposes stated in paragraph 2.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CoAssets uses personal data for the following purposes:
- (i) to personalise User experience and respond to individual needs;
- (ii) to improve and receive feedback on the Website;
- (iii) to improve customer service and provide support services;
- (iv) to process interest in a Project; and
- (v) to send periodic emails, including but not limited to Projects, news, updates and related information.
- 3.1 CoAssets may disclose personal data to the Opportunity Providers and other third party service providers in connection with the services provided by CoAssets on the Website, on condition that the disclosed personal data is kept confidential and not further disclosed.
- 3.2 CoAssets may disclose personal data for legal purposes (including but not limited to compliance, enforcement of legal rights and obligations and to obtain legal advice).
- 3.3 CoAssets employs security measures to protect personal data. All personal data collected on the Website is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights who are required to keep the personal data confidential.
- 4.1 Cookies are small files that a website or service provider transfers to computer hard drives through a web browser that enables the website or service provider’s systems to recognize the browser and record certain information.
- 4.3 Users may disable the processing of cookies on their web browsers but this may prevent Users from maximising the services provided by CoAssets.
5. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- CoAssets shall not be responsible for the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data by any third party websites linked to the Website.
6. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- 6.1 Users may contact CoAssets at email@example.com to withdraw their consent to the use of personal data by CoAssets, following which CoAssets shall cease to further collect, use and disclose personal data of that User.
- 6.2 Users should be aware that the withdrawal of consent may prevent them from utilising the services provided by CoAssets.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION